Saturday, August 18, 2012

My pet project: Austrian cookbook

Monday August 6th, 2012

Today I started some work on an Austrian cookbook. This was partially inspired by my mother telling me that all the different foods (especially the sweets) she saw on this blog I had to make her when I got back home. So far its been slow going. I'm currently in an older cookbook that likes to 'tell a story' so the recipe is never a straight forward list. Plus I have to use an online translator to go from German to English. I did manage though to get a Reindling recipe from the newspaper.

Later in the day I went down to the lake with my younger austrian siblings and father. We saw some ducks and my austrian sister snuck close to take some photos for me.

Cute baby ducklings!

Getting ready to head back into the water


Otherwise the day was pretty quiet. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment